King's Castle | Body
Do you find yourself running out the door in the morning, yet again not having eaten breakfast? You hear the words rolling around your head morning after morning, ‘It’s the most important meal of the day, skipped again! I’ll grab something on the way’? All too often we pack our schedules to the point where we don’t have time to build our reserves. And when we do, we’re like a ravenous dog, snatching up anything to tame the growling that emanates from our depths…yet again, making a poor food choice that makes for promises of false energy and oh so much more. We find ourselves barking over the counter at the barista, ‘BAGLE, WITH EXTRA SHMEAR.’ A wave of guilt sets in; even if only briefly. What’s another day?...right? Ultimately, we wonder why we crash like a lead balloon in the afternoon, we’re snapping at our PAs, and we suffer from belching that would knock over a cow. Lest we not forget those bulging love handles that jump out at us from the mirror every morning. Sound all too familiar?
Set your alarm clock 10 minutes ahead guys, have I got something for you!
Try this delicious, nutritious shake that won’t suck up your time and promises to deliver the energy of a Bull Terrier. Packed with vitamins and minerals, this foolproof meal can be eaten on the go, ridding you of the guilt while leaving you feeling, ‘I MADE THIS!!!’
Choose organic ingredients from your local health food store and farmers market guys! That way you don’t get those nasty pesticides building up in your cells that wreak havoc on your body. Place ingredients in a Vitamix (the Harley Davidson version of a blender) and you’re off to the races. Enjoy on the spot or put into a chilled thermos and have it on the go. If you’re like me, have half in the morning and the other half about 3:00pm to give you an energy boost and to tide you over until dinner. You’ll want to adjust your quantities based on your level of hunger.
- ¼ cup (full fat) plain organic yogurt –add a handful of almonds for extra protein (if you're lactose intollerant/have dairy allergies, you can skip the yogurt; I'd suggest taking a probiotic daily in that event)
- 12 oz chilled water – filtered is best, make sure you’re not stripping all the minerals away
- Thumbsize amount of raw organic ginger – protects against colon cancer
- 1 tablespoon Agave. If you suffer from environmental allergies with the changing of the seasons use LOCAL honey (don’t refrigerate).
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (don’t refrigerate) – an antimicrobial that fights off ulcers
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seed – get your omega 3s for heart and brain health (use this if you're not taking fish oil daily (omega 3s only))
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seed – BIG energy booster!; found in the bulk section of grocer
- 2 servings of organic fruit – a serving is the size of your hand
- 6 servings of organic veggies – be sure to get at least one to two leafy greens